Imposter is a mock server for REST APIs, OpenAPI (and Swagger) specifications, SOAP web services (and WSDL files), Salesforce and HBase APIs.
- Run standalone mock servers in Docker, Kubernetes, AWS Lambda or on the JVM.
- Embed mocks within your tests (JVM or Node.js) to remove external dependencies.
- Capture data from requests, then store it or return a templated response.
- Proxy an existing endpoint to replay its responses as a mock.
- run standalone mocks in place of real systems
- turn an OpenAPI/Swagger file or WSDL file into a mock API for dev or QA (use it before the real API is built)
- decouple your integration tests from the cloud/back-end systems and take control of your dependencies
- validate your API requests against an OpenAPI specification
- capture data to retrieve later, or use in templates to for conditional responses
- proxy an existing endpoint to replay its responses as a mock
Send dynamic responses:
- Provide mock responses using static files or customise behaviour based on characteristics of the request.
- Advanced users can write their own plugins in a JVM language of their choice.
Imposter provides specialised mocks for the following scenarios:
- OpenAPI - Support for OpenAPI (and Swagger) API specifications.
- REST - Mocks RESTful or plain HTTP APIs.
- SOAP - Support for SOAP web services (and WSDL files).
- HBase - Basic HBase mock implementation.
- SFDC (Salesforce) - Basic Salesforce mock implementation.
- WireMock - Support for WireMock mappings files.